Your Car and the MOT
By law all vehicles in the Uk over 3 years old must have an MOT test. You can book your vehicles MOT in Whitwick at KCR Service and MOT Centre now using our Online Booking System. Simply click the Book Online button, choose the date and time that best suits your requirements, enter your details and click on submit. Your MOT Test booking is instantaneously entered into our MOT Testing diary and you will receive a confirmation email with the details of your booking. All that’s left to do is to bring your vehicle into KCR Service and MOT Centre on the date and time that you have chosen
Some of the checks included in the MOT are:
- That the body and structure of your car is free of corrosion and excessive damage
- That there are no leaks present in the fuel system and that the pipes, hoses and fuel cap are all secure
- Your car's exhaust emissions
- The mandatory seatbelts are in place, work properly and are in good condition
- That the correct number of mirrors are in place and in good condition
- Your brakes are in good condition and work correctly
- That your car has readable, legal registration plates attached as required
- That the windscreen is free of cracks and chips and that it provides the driver with a good view of the road
Help Your Car Pass it’s MOT with these Simple Pre MOT Checks
More Information About MOT Testing
If you'd like to know more about what an MOT test covers you can visit the pages on the official .Gov website
What happens if my Car Fails the MOT?
If your vehicle fails its MOT test, firstly don’t panic we can help to get you back on the road as quickly as possible. We'll provide you with a list of any repairs that are required and an estimate for the work. If the estimate is approved, we'll begin the work as soon as possible and will look to have you back up and running as soon as we can.
If you would like to find out more please call us on 01530 836209 or send us a message using our Online Contact Form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.